GeologyNatural HistoryHistorical ArchiveSea Room by Adam NicolsonWestminster Shiant Isles Expedition 1958 & 2002Sign the Guest Book
Archaeology Icon

The Circular House at Annat

The circular house

The upper layers removed from the circular house. Its entranceway can be seen on the far side and the remains of a square, stone-lined hearth in the centre, where the soil is reddened from burnt peat. This was the limit of excavations in 2002. Later excavations will reach further down to earlier floors.

Back to Latest News